The stronger you are, the stronger your team will be. Consider these questions in developing the leader who develops the team.
1. Are you involved in continuing education? – Do you believe continuous education is important? If the answer is yes, then identify which ones will work best for you. There are a variety of options such as on-line classes, leadership classes in local colleges and many others.
2. What books are you reading? – One way to maintain innovative behavior is to constantly feed your mind with ideas and insight from others. After you read a good book make sure you share the title with colleagues and friends.
3. Do you have a distinctive family life? – Work/life balance depends on developing a strong team and setting priorities so family time is set in stone.
4. How would you define your private life? – Yes, every leader must carve out time for a private life. That may mean going to the health club alone, setting aside a quiet time to be alone with your thoughts or a regular time to take a walk.
5. What was the name of your last mentor? – Having key relationships with a mentor or a mentor group is imperative to having a clear head.
Take a few moments and write down your answers to these questions. Chose at least one action and follow through with it. There are hundreds of ways to create a rich, robust life as a leader.
If you found these tips from Bob Rausch, Ph.D. of value and are a PMP looking to earn PMI PDUs, you might be interested in his self-paced, downloadable courses at PDUs2Go.com.
Are you running out of steam as a PMP Project Manager? Download our FREE course “4 Ways to Stay Energized as a PMP Project Manager” and get yourself motivated again! This 1 Category A PDU course will teach you 4 things you can start doing today that will recharge your PMP Project Manager batteries and keep your career climbing.
PDUs2Go.com can help you maintain your PMP Certification whether you need one PMP PDU or 60 PMP PDUs. Try 1 PMP PDU for FREE and see how easy it is to Earn n’ Learn™ while in your car, in your office, by the pool, or on the road! 1 PDU – a $37 Value for FREE!