In 2013, you may be making a system-wide change in your organization, like introducing new technology, or a personal change to fulfill your New Year’s resolution, like adopting healthy habits. Whatever change you desire, you know it can be stressful and intimidating.
Corporate change management guru John P. Kotter, a Harvard professor and author of “Leading Change,” says it takes careful planning to build the foundation for lasting results. Kotter recommends eight steps.
- Create Urgency
- Form a Powerful Coalition
- Create a Vision for Change
- Communicate the Vision
- Remove Obstacles
- Create Short-term Wins
- Build on the Change
- Anchor the Changes in Corporate Culture
Think about how you can use wise strategies to support your professional and personal changes. Here are three examples.
- Create Urgency by using powerful affirmations (brief, positive and in the present) that remind you of your full potential.
- Communicate the Vision to your subconscious mind and others by creating a Vision Board with your team members at work or with family and friends.
- Remove Obstacles, like physical, technical and emotional clutter, so you can focus on what matters most.
What are some of the wise strategies you use to lead change?
If you found these tips from Tricia Molloy of value and are a PMP looking to earn PMI PDUs, you might be interested in her self-paced, downloadable courses at PDUs2Go.com.
Are you running out of steam as a PMP Project Manager? Download our FREE course “4 Ways to Stay Energized as a PMP Project Manager” and get yourself motivated again! This 1 Category A PDU course will teach you 4 things you can start doing today that will recharge your PMP Project Manager batteries and keep your career climbing.
PDUs2Go.com can help you maintain your PMP Certification whether you need one PMP PDU or 60 PMP PDUs. Try 1 PMP PDU for FREE and see how easy it is to Earn n’ Learn™ while in your car, in your office, by the pool, or on the road! 1 PDU – a $37 Value for FREE!