I’m not patronizing anybody when I say this, but Project Managers are smart! How else can you keep so many details straight in your head, understand what motivates people, navigate through office politics, know just enough about technology to be dangerous, continue to keep your eyes on the big picture, and keep everything on time and under budget? It takes skill, experience, discipline and just plain old smarts to pull that juggling act off successfully.
That’s why I’ve enjoyed my conversations with you so much over the past years! Whether it’s the hundreds of responses I receive to a LinkedIn Discussion topic, to comments on the PDUs2Go.com Blog, talking to you on the phone, or meeting you in person at project management events…the conversations are always thought provoking and intelligent.
We’re looking to take these conversations to an entirely new level in 2012 and are looking to hear even more from you. How? The following are some of the changes you can look forward to:
- More Video – If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a moving picture must be worth exponentially more! I’ve been “in the studio” over recent weeks producing short, but helpful videos on such topics as Accelerating Project Success, The Top Deliverables of a Project, and Who’s on First?. I’ve been doing these videos in collaboration with ProjectManager.com (an outstanding resource for Project Managers, by the way) and will tell you more about them a little later in the newsletter.
- More eBooks– eBooks have become a quick and easy way for people to come up to speed on a new topic, validate what they already know about an existing topic, or use as a third-party reference when trying to sell and idea up the ladder. During 2012 we will be adding PDUs2Go.com’s insight into a series of eBooks that we’re sure you will find beneficial.These eBooks will focus on different topics such as how to get the most out of your PMP career, PMP Best Practices, PMP Advice from LinkedIn, and other relevant topics.
- More Templates– Over the years, PDUs2Go.com has accumulated some of the best of the best templates related to project management. As you know, there are TONS of sites out there that have less than helpful and less than trustworthy templates for download. It leads to trial and error on your part on researching and hopefully stumbling across the right one.We’ve taken that guesswork out of the equation and have compiled pristine, ready-to-use templates such as a Change Request Form, Issues Log, Meeting Minutes, Project Charter, Project Notebook, Risk Log and dozens more. We’ll be featuring and highlighting these templates as giveaways over the year, so stay tuned.
- More Interaction– Like it or not, Social Media is here to stay. Frankly, we love it! There’s no better way to get the word out about PDUs2Go.com than through these channels. We love providing great content for you to use, picking up suggestions from you along the way, and keeping up with the latest trends that are occurring in the world of project management.You will find our content will be easier to share, easier to comment on, and easier to access. All we ask is that you let your friends know about us…and we’ll do the same!
- More Special Offers – One thing we all have in common as PMP Project Managers is the need to earn 60 PDUs every 3 years. Our goal at PDUs2Go.com has been to make that process as easy as possible. You will find more deals and special offers on our Portable and Affordable® self-paced courses for Project Managers on the Go® than ever before in 2012!
Earlier I mentioned that I’m working collaboratively with ProjectManager.com. ProjectManager.com is a Software-as-a-Service project management application whose company is run by Jason Westland. It’s all online which makes it great for project managers who have teams scattered throughout the country or globe to be able to manage. ProjectManager.com allows you to organize your work, share project plans, manage your teams online, and track progress daily…to mention just a few of its capabilities.
I’ll be serving in the capacity of Program Director for ProjectManager.com and will be providing them with ideas, content, videos and the like to help their audience of 400,000+ project managers do their job better. And, the PDUs2Go.com audience will be able to benefit as we share best practices, tips, suggestions and ideas gleaned from ProjectManager.com’s community.
This strategic alliance will help further PDUs2Go.com’s mission to enable Project Managers on the Go®. I’m excited about this new partnership as we move into 2012!
Try ProjectManager.com FREE for 30 Days!
Have I Missed Anything?
Probably. There are so many moving parts right now it’s hard to keep up with it all. But, we know you’ll like the changes that are on the way starting in January. What I’d really like to know is what you would like to see. What helps you do your job better as a PMP Project Manager? More webinars? More Presentations? More Videos? What are the topics you are interested in that we could provide additional information about to help you do your job better.
I’m just one phone call away (404-815-4644). Give me a call or drop me a quick note (Registrar@PDUs2Go.com) and let me know what I can do to help you further advance your PMP Career in 2012. I look forward to hearing from you soon!